of students in RSFC courses graduate high school
Students in courses & internships by the end of this semester
Area high schools represented by RSFC students
of RSFC students take additional courses at CNM
Running Start Programs
Running Start for Careers serves students from over 30 high schools in the Albuquerque area with courses in construction, film, surveying GIS/UAS, healthcare, and financial industry partners which include the Association of Builders and Contractors, UPublic, Nusenda Federal Credit Union, Volo Pervidi, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, and TriCore Reference Laboratories. Additional Industry partners and courses are targeted and will be made available. Our goal is to create a career exploration model that is scalable and that can be replicated statewide and nationwide to meet the needs students and industry in their local areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are classes held?
- Depending on the course you sign up for the classes will be held at varying locations.
- Classes may be held at industry location or at a CNM campus, or combination of both.
- Specific course locations for the current and upcoming semester can be found HERE.
How much does it cost?
- Dual credit courses are free to highs school students by law in the state of New Mexico.
- Books and course materials will be supplied by support from the industry partner
How do I register?
- To enroll in Running Start Dual credit courses, you must be enrolled at CNM. Go to CNM dual credit site. Fill out the free online application. Be sure to select “Dual Credit” as your application type and you won’t be charged tuition. You will receive a student ID number at the end of the process or one will be sent to you.
- Submit the required signature page at any CNM Admissions Office within 5 business days. Visit cnm.edu/dcsignaturepage.
- Accuplacer is waived for Running Start courses, but we encourage you to take the Accuplacer as it will be necessary for future CNM courses.
- Complete the new student orientation. Find out more at cnm.edu/nso. Dual credit students must complete the online orientation.
- Set up your myCNM account at CNM.edu. Click myCNM
- Register for class by identifying the “CRN” number for the Running Start class you want to take. Visit the COURSES page to find the CRN number for your course.
What grade do I need to be?
Running Start targets high school juniors and seniors from any Central New Mexico High School. Sophomores can also take Running Start courses, but it is advised that you consult your school counselor before you do. Students must have transportation to the course location and any off site visits. Intern opportunities exist only for those 16 years and older, and some opportunity require students to be 18 because of health and safety regulations.
Do the courses transfer?
Yes, courses can be transferred to other schools and most program courses will meet degree/certificate program requirements. Some RSFC course is considered “survey classes “and should meet requirements for electives in the program. Work with your college counselor to ensure proper credit is given.
Is there transportation provided?
No transportation is provided to students. Students are responsible for finding transportation.
Executive Director Running Start For Careers
Outreach Services Office Central New Mexico Community College